Liberty Mutual is fighting the good fight to keep teen drivers safe on the road. They are sponsoring another KidsNTrips Twitter party this coming Tuesday (October 18, 2016). It takes me back to when I was a teen. I wasn’t driving, but my friends were. And I can guarantee you that my dad might not have asked my friends (or their parents) about any safety specifics before I jumped in the car. Back then you just wanted your kid to wear a seatbelt, and trusted that air bags would help too if there was an accident. With the addition of smartphones, apps, GPS navigation, let alone WiFi — driving in a car today is a much different experience. Please join #KidsNTrips on Tuesday to learn about safe teen driving tips (and win one of four $100 Visa gift cards).
Safety Tips for Parents & Teen Drivers That Have Me Thinking Ahead
- Make safe teen driving a priority for the whole family. Sing a teen driving contract: http://bit.ly/1Xxq4Cs
- It’s not all about driving under the influence, teach teens not to drive while drowsy or upset.
- The car is not a party mobile – drive with three or less teenage passengers in the car.
- Kids learn safe driving from watching their parents – don’t text in the car. Practice safe driving while your kids are younger, too.
- Parents, don’t text your teen if you know they’re driving.
- Consider what environments are stressful for your new teen driver. (Eg. Avoid driving during rush hour)
- “Tired Teen Driving” is real. Talk to your teens about safe alternatives.
#KIDSNTRIPS Teen Driving Twitter Party
Join us Wednesday, June 22 to talk about keeping teens safe on the road. There is no need to RSVP, just follow the #KidsNTrips hashtag and join the conversation.
Date: Tuesday, October 18, 2016
Time: 11 a.m. Pacific Time (12 p.m. Mountain Time; 1 p.m. Central Time; 2 p.m. Eastern Time)
Hashtags: #KidsNTrips #TalkTeenDriving
Theme: Teen Driving
Sponsor: Liberty Mutual
Giveaway Prizes: Four $100 Visa gift cards awarded to four winners
Restrictions: Must be 18+ to win. Open to U.S. residents only. No purchase necessary to win. Prizes will be awarded to four lucky #KidsNTrips Twitter Party participants. The winners will be chosen at random and notified via Twitter shortly after the party.