Colleen (@TravelMamas), Katie (@LaJollaMom), and I (@jenleo) were so thrilled with the enthusiasm we received for our first #KidsNTrips Twitter Party – that we’re rolling out more! This Thursday we have Kaanapali Beach Resort in Maui as our host. You’re going to want to roll up your sleeves and start hash-tagging #KidsNTrips because we’ve got heaps of family travel tips and fantastic prizes for all of you travelers that are dreaming about or planning a trip to glorious Maui.
The photo above shows me delirious with excitement to arrive at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa in Kaanapali.
#KidsNTrips Twitter Party Details
When: Thursday May 22, 2014
Time: 7:30 a.m. Hawaii/10:30 a.m. Pacific/11:30 a.m. Mountain /1:30 p.m. East
Duration: 1 hour
*Twitter Handles to follow: @travelmamas @lajollamom @jenleo @kaanapalimaui
Restrictions: Must be 18+ to win. Open to U.S. residents only. No purchase necessary to win. Read all terms and conditions.
Thursday May 22, 2014 #KidsNTrips Prizes:
That’s right travelers, you could be #HawaiiBound! Hawaii’s Most Hawaiian Hotel has offered to give two nights in an ocean front room to one of the #KidsNTrips participants. KBH has been named to the National Geographic Travelers magazine “Stay List” of the 150 most authentic and sustainable resorts in North America, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. But why has the Kaanapali Beach Hotel been given named Hawaii’s Most Hawaiian Hotel? Because they’ve worked hard at it. Hawaiian culture is important here. They have a list of 110 reasons. Here are some of the things that I would love to experience include:
- Hawaiian songs at our Ohana Welcome Breakfast to greet new guests on their first day, and every Friday in the Lobby
- 30 fun Hawaiian cultural activities with different options every day. All complimentary
- The hotel has sponsored and hosted Hula O Na Keiki, a signature youth solo hula competition that hosts halau (hula schools) from all over the world.
- An opportunity to teach your children the KBH philosophy that sharing and giving is a Hawaiian philosophy of life.
- 2. Gift certificate for $50 for Hula Grill Kaanapali (family-friendly, oceanfront restaurant at Whalers Village Shopping Center).As with most photos, the picture doesn’t do the Hula Grill justice. Cora and I went to the Hula Grill in Kaanapali in 2012 and it is absolutely one of the most vibrant places in the world to have dinner. Head straight to the Barefoot Bar for pupus. Grab your cocktails (they even have Keiki cocktails for the kids!) and sink your toes in to the sand. Now, gorge yourself on poke tacos, charred short ribs and Macadamia Nut Crusted fish! Chef Bobby Masters and Peter Merriman use traditional island cooking techniques to cook regional specialties. I’m dying to try the “Localicious Salad” which contributes to the Growing Future Farmers of Maui.
3. $255 Gift Card for Drums of the Pacific Lu’au at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa
(Adults: $95; Children (ages 6-12) $65.00; Children 5 and under free)
Kids love Lu’aus. There’s something about island music, traditional costumes, the rhythm of the drums and fire that enchant children. Ok maybe it’s me who’s constantly enchanted by luaus, and Mai Tais, but I couldn’t take a trip to Maui without a night at the Lu’au. The fact that the Hyatt has Drums of the Pacific on property makes it even easier to experience it with the whole family.
About Kaanapali, Maui and Kaanapali Beach Resorts
Kaanapali is a three-mile stretch of award-winning beaches, hotels and condos, golf courses, restaurants and more on the western shores of Maui. Kaanapali Beach took first place in TripAdvisor’s 2013 Travelers’ Choice Beach Awards among the Top 10 Beaches in the United States.
Kannapali Beach Resort has everything you could ever need or want from a Hawaiian vacation. It’s centrally located, only 10 minutes from Lahaina Town and 45 minutes from the Kahului Airport. You’ve got your pick of six hotels (Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Kaanapali Beach Hotel, Sheraton Maui Resort, Maui Marriott Resort & Ocean Club and Royal Lahaina Resort) and five condos (Kaanapali Alii, The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach, Outrigger Maui Eldorado, Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas, and The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas).
Did someone say sports?
There are two 18-hole champion golf courses and 35 tennis courts. Shopping, 40 restaurants and beachside cafes, and all the outdoor and cultural activities you could ever dream of. Whether you’re here to relax at a spa, attend a Lu’au, or attempt paddle boarding for the first time—Kaanapali is the perfect amount of Aloha. Sign me up for the snorkeling!
*Thanks to Kaanapali Beach Resort for sponsoring this Twitter Party. No purchase is necessary to win a prize. See Twitter party prize terms and conditions.
**Photos provided courtesy of Kaanapali Beach Resort.